Over 25 Years of Energy Law Experience
Abrahams Kaslow & Cassman LLP has represented clients in connection with their development and operation of energy projects, including natural gas combined cycle and utility-scale solar electric generation plants, as well as in connection with marketing natural gas, electric power, and related commodities. Some of the typical transactions we assist in are:
- Negotiation of agreements for the engineering, procurement, and construction of power plants, gas and water pipelines, electric transmission systems and other supporting plant infrastructure
- Purchase and sale of gas and steam turbine-generators along with related equipment such as transformers and heat recovery steam generators
- Purchase of solar panels
- Negotiation of long term services agreements for the provision of parts and maintenance services for both gas-powered and solar electric generation plants
- Negotiation of operation and maintenance agreements for the daily operation of both gas-powered and solar electric generation plants
- Purchase of energy-related businesses, including a rooftop solar provider and a biodiesel refinery
- Purchase and sale of energy-related commodities
- Assistance in the construction financing of electric generation projects
- Formation of legal entities to develop and operate energy-related projects
- Handling of employment-related matters, including employment incentive agreements
We emphasize finding creative solutions to the many issues that arise in connection with the multi-year development of energy-related projects and the subsequent operation of those projects. Our experience enables us to advise our clients of the risks involved in their transactions while assisting them in finding solutions that work for all of the parties, thus allowing the maintenance of long term business relationships that support the reliability and integrity of our clients.
We have developed a depth of experience across many attorneys in our firm that permits us to handle multiple matters efficiently.